Who We Are
The aim of the Samajam is to promote, preserve and nurture the special culture and linguistic heritage of the Malayalees and also to foster contacts and friendship among the Malayalees in Auckland and other parts of New Zealand and enrich the diverse cultural fabric of New Zealand with the best Malayalee traditions. We also have Malayalam classes to keep the younger generation of the Diaspora living here abreast of our mother tongue.
- The Society aims to foster friendship and unity among the New Zealand Societies.
- To help the integration of our community members into the New Zealand society and conduct activities that may be part of this constitution.
- To educate our young ones the rich culture and language and help them to grow as responsible citizens.
- To hold cultural functions and promote solidarity with other cultural organizations in New Zealand and elsewhere.
- To promote family values among the members of the samajam and New Zealand Society at large.
- To educate the members about the evils of family violence, drug and alcohol dependence.
- To promote and partake in the development programs for the welfare and well being of our New Zealand community.
- To promote, practice and support health education among our communities.
- To help with the settlement of the new immigrants to New Zealand.
- To promote sports and cultural activities.
- To collect necessary funds from members and the community for fulfilling the objectives of the society.
- To acquire by purchase, taken on lease or otherwise land and building and any other property or assets, which the General Body of the Society may think proper from time to time, or dispose the property/assets or any part thereof, and erect on any such land, building and to add or alter and maintain any building erected up on such land for the attainment of the stated objectives of the society.
- To sell improve, maintain, manage, lease, mortgage, dispose or turn to account or otherwise deal with all or part of the property, assets and rights of the society for fulfilling the objectives of the society.
Our mission is to further promote the interests of our organization and our members to the community. We strive to make a difference by educating the public and expanding our reach.